Honeywell 50250 named also Honeywell enviracaire HEPA air purifier, is ranked #1 in the bestseller list of the category of charcoal Air purifiers.The true HEPA Allergen Remover and air purifier removes at least 99.97 percent of common household particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air passing through it such as dust, pollen, mold spores, tobacco smoke, and pet dander. The carbon activated pre filter helps remove common household odors while filtering the air you breath to make it clean and pure.
5 Key Pros you must know about Honeywell 50250
- Allergen Removal – the air purifier can remove smoke, pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, germs, bacteria, odors and VOCs or volatile organic compounds.
- Best in class CADR rating – with a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 250 for smoke, pollen and dust, this air purifier is best in class and can be relied on the clean out your living environment.
- 360 degree air intake – this patented design allows the air purifier to clean out air in all directions, ensuring that there are no blind spots.
- Inexpensive – at only $145, this is a very affordable top-line air purifier.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty – generous and sufficient for most people.
2 Key Cons you must take into consideration
- Noise especially at higher speeds – expect some noise when operating at high speeds. However, this should not be an issue once air quality has stabilized (eg. after windows have been closed for a while)
- Filter replacement – as with most air purifiers, expect to have to replace your air filters at least once a year.
Honeywell 50250 functionality
The Honeywell 50250 has an auto-off setting function by which you could set 2 hours,4 hours
or 8 hours. It has the ability to circulate air in the working size of 390 square feet, 360-degree working flow as well as 5-year limited warranty. Easy use with filter indicator lights. Filter indicator lights let users know when it’s time to change out — or at least vacuum — the filter for maximum performance. The unit itself is fairly large, according to Sherbenou, and it needs to sit a minimum of three feet away from a wall. Therefore, it will take up some available space in the room. It’s lightweight (just 20 pounds) and has a carrying handle at the top for easy transfer from room to room. Replacement filters are easy to find online or in stores.
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH) Rating
An air change is how many times the air enters and exits a room from the HVAC system in one hour. Or, how many times a room would fill up with the air from the supply registers in sixty minutes.
Engineering room airflow may present a real challenge when balancing an HVAC system. Most calculations only use the heat loss or gain of a room to decide on required airflow and often don’t take into consideration required room ventilation needs.
The Honeywell True HEPA 50250S changes the air in its surroundings five times an hour, similar to that achieved by other top air purifiers.
The purifier seems to do a pretty good job at removing odors, but it is noisy and uses a decent amount of power. How much power? Well, the purifier has three speed settings: High, Medium, and Low, which you can select with the knob shown: A Kill-A-Watt is used to measure how many watts the purifier used at each speed level:
So, as you can see, the High speed setting uses a whopping 200 W of power. Medium reduces the consumption to 165 W, while Low uses 103 W.
Equivalent to turning on two light bulbs, average energy usage of 120 Watts is slightly above average but manageable.
The Honeywell 50250 is best used in small spaces, and does a good job of removing dust and other allergens from the air. The biggest complaint surrounding this unit is that it’s noisy, noticeable even at low speeds. A near identical version, the Honeywell 50250-N, is said to have permanent filters, but that’s more marketing than reality as its filters, too, need to be replaced. That matters little as the filters in both models last a long time and are relatively cheap.
The Honeywell 50250-S with True HEPA and Carbon Pre-filter is one of the most effective air purifier when it comes to reducing a wide spectrum of various allergens. Perfect if you suffer from allergies or asthma, and recommended by doctors! And if you do decide to purchase one, Amazon always has great discounts whatever time of year it is! Click Here to check their offers.